SHOCK! About 18 million people in the USA with diabetes live a dangerous life every day and must choose between too little sugar in the bloodstream and too much.
Some people experience not having enough sugar may quickly be overcome by dizziness, fatigue, headache, sweating, trembling, and, in severe cases, loss of consciousness and coma. Many people are discovering the big lie about diabetes here.
If the same person eats too much, especially if the person is older and overweight, the person may experience weakness, fatigue, excessive thirst, difficulty in breathing, and loss of consciousness. Many diabetics will experience discomfort and some diabetics require pain relief.
If diabetes is inadequately controlled or completely ignored, it may lead to blindness, kidney disease, blood vessel damage, infection, heart disease, nerve damage, high blood pressure, stroke, limb amputation, and coma. Symptoms may include: (fatigue, weakness, frequent urination) are usually mild, about 30 percent of all people with diabetes do not realize that they have the disease. And that can have tragic
Symptoms may include: (fatigue, weakness, frequent urination) are usually mild, about 30 percent of all people with diabetes do not realize they are diabetic. This is highly dangerous, however with early diagnosis and treatment, a person with diabetes can still live a joyful and productive life. If not detected, the disease can create long lasting damage.
Many Famous People in History and
Famous People Today Live with Diabetes.
All types of people today have diabetes and many go on to live semi-normal lives. Just a few are; jazz musician Dizzy Gillespie, singer Ella Fitzgerald, actress Mary Tyler Moore, and baseball Hall-of-Famer Jim “Catfish” Hunter. Even before treatment was as sophisticated as it is today, author Ernest Hemingway and inventor Thomas Edison, both of whom had diabetes, managed to leave their marks on the world. Also, author Ernest Hemingway and inventor Thomas Edison, both of whom had diabetes, managed to leave their marks on the world.
What is Diabetes?
DO NOT IGNORE YOUR DISEASE. Your life and your physical body could be a risk. A person with diabetes may have wounds or ulcers that are difficult to heal. Most symptoms of diabetes is poor blood circulation.
Basically, the disorder (Diabetes) is derived from a malfunction in the way your body processes carbohydrates from the food you eat.
This is what happens when the disorder (diabetes) goes into effect. The carbohydrates from your food are converted into a form of sugar called glucose. Glucose is the preferred fuel for your body’s cells, and it’s the only food your brain can use.
The glucose floats along in the bloodstream until the pancreas, a large gland located behind the stomach, goes into action. The pancreas produces insulin, a hormone that signals body cells to take in the glucose. Once inside the cell, the glucose is either used as fuel to produce heat or energy or is stored as fat.
A person with diabetes, the pancreas either produces little or no insulin or the cells become resistant to the hormone’s action. The result is that the glucose can’t get into the cells; it accumulates in the blood and is later expelled in the urine. In short, blood sugar rises while cells starve. Eating good balanced nutritious meals is always the best way to prevent and cure diseases.
How many people have type 1 (Diabetes)? Five to 10 percent of people with diabetes have type 1, or insulin-dependent, diabetes, which usually develops in childhood or young adulthood. People with type 1 diabetes require daily injections of insulin to keep their blood glucose levels under control.
The vast majority of people with diabetes, on the other hand, have the type 2 form, which is sometimes referred to as adult-onset diabetes, even though more and more children these days are developing this type. Lifestyle changes can play a vital role in controlling type 2; they are generally the initial and preferred method for regulating blood sugar levels, although oral medication and even insulin may eventually need to be added to the treatment regimen.
People with diabetes experience health difficulties every single day. Inside this report, we’ll examine a few home remedies for diabetes, including food remedies for controlling weight and blood sugar levels, and home care for diabetic foot health. Beware, too much sugar is the friend of Cancer.
In Type 1 diabetes, your body stops producing insulin, the hormone that helps your body cells in utilizing blood sugar. On the other hand, in Type 2 Diabetes, your body cells do not respond properly to the insulin or your pancreas does not produce enough insulin.
Can Diabetes be Cured?
There is positive news and research that suggests that only Type 2 diabetes can be cured through home remedies for diabetes but many professional researchers have established that many plant compounds found in some common foods can stimulate cells in the pancreas and cure even Type I diabetes. However, if you take artificial insulin, it is advised to continue its use along with any home remedies that you follow for curing your diabetes.
1. Remedy for Diabetes (Fenugreek)
Many researchers have established that fenugreek is effective in lowering fasting blood sugar or glycated hemoglobin (HBA1C) levels in diabetic patients. Some clinical trials conducted with Type 2 diabetics proved that fenugreek could decrease the rate that sugar is absorbed during digestion process.
It can also stimulate the cells in pancreas gland and the production of insulin is increased. This occurs because of an amino acid called 4-hydroxyisoleucine which is present in fenugreek. Way before these researchers were finished, fenugreek has been used as one of the best home remedies for diabetes. Here is how you can use fenugreek to manage your diabetes.
Ways to use Fenugreek for Diabetes
• Take 4 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak them in 250 ml (1 cup) water overnight. Crush the seeds in the morning and strain to get the water. Drink this water every day in the morning for at least two months.
• Soak 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning chew the seeds and drink the water along with it. Do it on an empty stomach everyday for few months.
• Take 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds powder and add it to a glass of milk or warm water. Have it everyday.
• Take 100 g fenugreek seeds (6-7 tbsp) and 50 g turmeric powder (about 3 tbsp). You may add a little white pepper too with this mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of this powder mix to a glass of milk and have twice daily.
• You can also add fenugreek powder to your flour that you use to make breads or chapatis.
2. Another Home Remedy for Diabetes. (Amla Gooseberry)
Amla or the Indian gooseberry is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. It actually assists your pancreas to produce at maximum levels so that your blood glucose levels remain balanced. The study also establishes that fenugreek to be beneficial in lowering fasting blood sugar also stated that Emblica Officinalis or the amla has this same effect on glycated hemoglobin (HBA1C) levels.
When you consume gooseberries orally, it can reduce your sugar levels by stimulating the production of insulin in just half an hour! When the seeds of amla are taken in powder form, it works slowly to reduce glucose levels in blood.
Ways You Can Consume Amla for Diabetes
• Take 2-3 gooseberries and discard their seeds. Now grind the amla to get a fine paste. Either using a fine cloth or a sieve, squeeze out the juice from this amla paste. You should get two tablespoons of amla juice. Mix these 2 tbsp of amla juice in a cup of water, mix well and have it every morning on an empty stomach.
• Use a cup of bitter gourd juice and 1 tablespoon of amla juice. Mix them well and have it daily for few months.
• When fresh amla is not available, the powder of amla fruit can be be taken mixed with water. Use 1- ½ tbsp of such powder in a glass of water.
• Use ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp amla powder and ½ tbsp fenugreek seeds powder. Mix them in half a glass of water. Have this daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
• Include amla in your daily diet.
• You may also have raw amla.
3. Home Remedy of Diabetes (Bitter Gourd)
This particular remedy has been around for hundreds of years. Asian countries including India has been using bitter gourd as one of the best effective remedies for diabetes. All we can suggest is try it and let’s see how effective it is for you. We are only the messenger.
Bitter gourds belong to the Momordica Charantia fruits that can repair damaged beta cells, increase insulin levels as well as enhance the sensitivity of insulin. Bitter gourd fruits and the whole plant is rich in plant insulin-polypeptide-P. Polypeptide-P is a bio-chemical which is effective in reducing blood sugar.
Bitter gourd contains many beneficial compounds including bitter glycosides, saponins, alkaloids, phenolics, oils, free acids, polypeptides, sterols, 17-amino acids and p-insulin. Apart from having hypoglycemic activity, bitter gourd is also a fine blood purifier.
Ways You Can Utilize Bitter Melon or Bitter Gourd
• Get 4-5 bitter gourds and peel them. Remove the seeds. Crush the peeled and de-seeded bitter gourds to paste. Place this paste into a sieve and extract the juice. Drink this fresh bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach every morning. If you wish, add some water.
• Cook bitter gourd in ghee (clarified butter) and have this frequently. If possible, have it daily for at least three months.
• Include at least one dish made from bitter melon daily into your diet.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of amla juice with 1 cup of bitter gourd juice and have daily for few months.
• If you can’t find fresh bitter gourds, take a few pieces of dried bitter melon and boil them in a cup of water. Have this bitter gourd tea once or twice a day. This will be less bitter than the fresh juice of bitter guard.
4. Remedy for Diabetes (Ceylon Cinnamon)
An extensive research was conducted on people with Type 2 diabetes establishes that 1-6 g of cinnamon per day can not only lower serum glucose but also triglyceride, LDL cholesterol, and total cholesterol! Diabetics are naturally prone to cardiovascular diseases and thus taking cinnamon daily makes sense as this reduces their risks of getting cardiovascular diseases.
Cinnamon powder lowers blood sugar by stimulating insulin activity. It is also beneficial for people who have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes status meaning those who have high fasting sugar levels in their blood. Having cinnamon will prevent them from getting diabetes. However, the type of cinnamon matters when you use it for therapeutic purpose. Most commonly available Cassia cinnamon contains a compound called coumarin which is toxic and can cause liver damage.
A rather expensive variety called Ceylon cinnamon is safer to have when considering cinnamon powder as a remedy for your diabetes. As it is, only half to one tsp of cinnamon powder too is sufficient!
Ways for You to Use Cinnamon Powder for Diabetes
• take one liter of water and boil it. Once it starts boiling switch to simmering and simmer it for about 20 minutes. Add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder while you simmer the water. After 20 minutes, strain the liquid. Have this water daily.
• Add 1 tsp of cinnamon powder in 1 cup of warm water. Drink this daily.
• You may also sprinkle cinnamon powder on your salads, dips or other dishes.
• Add cinnamon powder to your milk, coffee or tea.
5. Home Remedy for Diabetes (Jamun)
Jamun is HIGHLY rich in Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus and iron. Jamun Syzygium cumini, jambul, jambolan, jamblang or the Black plum ( and not black berry which is a different fruit), has been traditionally used by Unani, Ayurvedic and other Asian medicine systems for controlling diabetes. Jamun seeds are extensively used to cure diabetes. However, extracts of the bark and leaves too are beneficial for lowering blood sugar and glycouria or sugar in urine.
The main ingredient with anti-diabetic function in jamun seeds is jamboline chemical. This chemical alone can not act as anti diabetic cure. It is only effective when with other inorganic or inactive substances in the jamun seed. Jamun seeds are rich in alkaloids that have hypoglycemic effects. Many studies have shown that jambul or jamun has such hypoglycemic effects that can reduce upto 30% of blood sugar.
Ways to use Jamun for Diabetes
• Have 1- to 1- ½ tsp of jamun powder mixed with water every morning on an empty stomach.
• Jamun is a seasonal fruit. When available, have them raw daily.
• Chew the jamun leaves.
6. Remedy for Diabetes (Curry Leaves)
Due to its rich mineral reserves like those of iron, zinc and copper, curry leaves are important in maintaining normal glucose levels in blood. These minerals activate beta cells of pancreas that are responsible for the production of insulin hormone. Curry leaves also influence metabolism of carbohydrates favorably.
Curry Leaves can restore liver and kidney enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates back to their normal levels thus treating diabetes. Diabetics have decreased levels of antioxidants, their body cells may die at a faster rate.
A study found out that curry leaves can reduce cell death in pancreatic cells which are responsible for insulin production. Curry leaves can reduce blood sugar levels and are specially helpful for people who get diabetes due to obesity. If diabetes runs in your family, you should consider having curry leaves as it is known to prevent hereditary diabetes too.
Ways You can use Curry Leaves for Diabetes
• Chew 8-10 fresh curry leaves in the morning.
• Use curry leaves in your daily cooking. Add them to salads and dips and even in gravies, sauces and curries.
7. Home Remedy for Diabetes (Aloe Vera)
While aloe vera has long been traditionally used as a home remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera can lower blood glucose and blood lipid levels for diabetics.
It particularly helps in lowering fasting blood sugar levels. Combined with bay leaves and turmeric, aloe vera can be consumed daily as is mentioned below.
Make Aloe Vera Herbal Mixture for Diabetes
• Aloe vera gel- 1 tsp
• Bay leaves powder- 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
• Add bay leaves powder and turmeric powder to aloe vera gel
• Mix well
• Have this mixture daily before lunch and dinner.
You can also mix 1-2 tsp of aloe vera juice with a glass of buttermilk and have it daily.
8. Home Remedy for Diabetes (Mango Leaves)
The Nigerian folk medicine makes extensive use of mango leaves for treating diabetes. The aqueous extract of mango leaves have hypoglycemic activity. It reduces the intestinal absorption of glucose thus helping in lowering sugar levels in blood. These leaves can also help improve blood lipid profiles. However, mango leaves need to be consumed 60 minutes before having food to get its benefits.
Ways You can use Mango leaves for Diabetes
• Soak 10-15 mango leaves in a glass of water overnight. Filter this water in the morning and have it on an empty stomach. Have your breakfast after one hour.
• Dry the leaves of mango tree in shade. When they are completely dried, grind them to get powder. Store it in a container and have ½ tsp of this mango leaves powder daily before lunch and dinner.
9. Another Home Remedy for Diabetes (Margosa Leaves)
Margosa Leaves are known for its antibacterial and antifungal effects. Neem is also beneficial for diabetes due to its anti-hyperglycemic activity. Leaves of Neem, also known as Margosa, are bitter in taste. These leaves enhance insulin receptor sensitivity. These leaves also improve blood circulation by dilating the blood vessels, lower blood glucose levels and gradually reduce the patient’s dependence on hypoglycemic drugs.
Ways You can Use to Neem (Margosa) leaves for Diabetes
• Take enough neem leaves to get 1 tablespoon of neem leaf juice. Crush the leaves and strain to get 1 tbsp of juice. Have this every morning on an empty stomach. Always take tender shoots of neem to use for diabetes remedies.
• Chew 8-10 tender neem leaves daily in the morning
• Mix 1-2 tsp of dried neem leaves powder in a glass of water and have this in the morning daily.
10. Home Remedy for Diabetes (Holy Basil Leaves)
Holy basil is a medicinal herb that has a number of beneficial and healthy properties. Also known as tulsi, basil is antiasthemitic, antistress, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antitumor, gastric antiulcer, antioxidant, antimutagenic and immunostimulant apart from being anti-diabetic. Leaves of holy basil reduce fasting blood glucose significantly. Basil is composed of antioxidants and essential oils. Combined with its other beneficial compounds, basil leaves helps beta cells of pancreas function in a proper manner. Holy Basil Leaves will enhance the secretion of insulin.
Ways You can Use Holy Basil for Diabetes
• Chew 2-4 fresh basil leaves in the morning on an empty stomach.
• Crush basil leaves to get 1 tsp of its juice. Have this early in the morning on an empty stomach.
• Take 5 basil leaves, 5 neem leaves, and 5 beal leaves (leaves of stone apple tree). Crush them to get paste. Have this every morning on an empty stomach.
11. Home Remedy for Diabetes (Lady’s Finger or Okra)
It is an excellent blood sugar stabilizer. The seeds of this vegetable contain alpha-glucosidase inhibitors that stop starches from converting into glucose. The fibers in okra help to regulate the rate that sugar is absorbed from your intestinal digestive system.
How to use lady’s finger for diabetes?
• Lady’s finger- 2-3
• Water- 1 glass
• Wash the lady’s fingers thoroughly.
• Cut the head and tail of the lady’s fingers. Then slit the vegetables vertically from middle to get two long pieces from 1 lady’s finger.
• Place them in the glass filled with water.
• Cover and let it soak overnight.
• In the morning, have the water on an empty stomach. If you can, eat the lady’s fingers too. Raw lady’s fingers are more beneficial than cooked ones.
• Do it daily for a couple of months.
12. Flaxseed Remedy for Diabetes
Flax seed is a rich high of essential omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), protein, fiber and plant compounds known as lignans. These lignans function as antioxidants when you consume them. Some of the studies conducted have said that flaxseed can stabilize blood sugar levels. As they are also high in fiber content, flaxseed help in digestion and proper absorption of fats as well as sugars. If you regularly take flax seed, your postprandial sugar level may drop by about 28%.
How to use Flaxseed for Diabetes?
• Add a tablespoon of flaxseed powder in a glass of water or milk and have it with your breakfast.
• Add a tsp of flaxseed powder in your breakfast cereal.
• Add flaxseed powder to your soups and gravies.
13. Another Great Remedy of Diabetes (Papaya Leaf)
Papaya leaves help in enhancing insulin sensitivity. It decreases the enzyme levels of ALT and AST, the bio-markers of type 2 diabetes, for improving insulin sensitivity so that cells can efficiently take up the glucose. Not only this, papaya leaves also reduce the chances of complications that may follow diabetes such as fatty liver, kidney damage and oxidative stress.
There is one more incredible benefit– it helps diabetics heal their wounds faster because of its antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Japanese, Australian and many other traditional medicine use papaya leaves for curing diabetes.
Make Papaya Leaves Tea for Diabetes
• Papaya leaves- 10
• Water- 8 cups
• Add papaya leaves to water.
• Boil the water till it is reduced to half of its quantity, about 4 cups.
• Let it cool down
• have this in small doses through out the day.
This detoxifying tea is good for your over all health too as it cures indigestion and boosts your immunity too.
14. Below are Diets to Help with Your Diabetes (also a few dos and don’ts)
- Avoid refined flour. Instead use whole grains in your diet. Use whole wheat breads, whole wheat pasta and brown rice in place of polished rice.
- Use low fat dairy products like skimmed milk, cheese, yogurt etc.
- Include garlic, onion, bitter gourd, spinach, raw banana, black plum in your diet.
- Mix 1 part of barley flour, 1 part black chickpea flour and 4 parts of whole-wheat flour. Use this mixed flour to make your pancakes and breads.
- Avoid sweets. Reduce intake of salt too.
- Avoid having high carbohydrate foods, potatoes, sweet potatoes, colocasia, yams, yogurt high in fat, oily and spicy foods.
- Avoid having sweet fruits like pineapple, grapes, mangoes, etc.
- Take ½ tsp ginger juice and ½ tsp garlic juice, mix with a little honey or jaggery and have this twice a day.
- Make a juice of carrot, pumpkin and pomegranate and have one to two glasses of this juice daily.
Naturally, it will benefit you greatly if you are physically active. Every diabetic needs exercise. Exercise regularly even if brisk walking in morning and evening. Walk for at least 30 to 60 minutes in a day to manage your diabetes effectively. You can easily take a 30 minute walk in the morning and another 30 minute walk in the early evening. Make your body move.
Diabetes can be a life-threatening disease. You should not take this disease lightly. Do not ignore your symptoms. If you’re diagnosed with diabetes, then utilize all the old – time tested home remedies along with the recommendations from your diabetic physician.
Keep an open mind and stay persistent in your search for a healthy and joyful life. When you discover the big lie about diabetes your life will change forever.
Naturally, you must remove dangerous chemicals from your drinking water. Clorine and fluoride plus other chemicals can reek havoc with your health.