The Amazing Fasting Benefits.
This Video will Answer Nearly ALL Your Questions Concerning Fasting for Fat Loss or other Health-Related Issues.
1. Fasting benefits are many. It is an excellent tool for weight loss- There have been studies that support fasting as an excellent tool for weight loss. In one study, nonobese patients lost an average of 4% of total fat when they fasted alternately for a 22 day period. It must also be noted that their fasting insulin levels also decreased. 3% of body fat was also lost, along with a decrease in total and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
2. Fasting promotes the secretion of Human Growth Hormone, which is important for burning fat. Fasting can also promote muscle building while decreasing insulin levels. The ketone fat lost plan is here.
3. Fasting is probably not as good for lean body people. Fasting will burn fat – if there is not enough fat to burn, then it will burn protein.
4. Fasting Benefits also include normalizing insulin sensitivity- When your body gets too many carbs and sugar, it can become insulin resistant, which will then lead the way to a host of chronic diseases. When insulin sensitivity is up, you can better prevent diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart complications
5. Fasting can normalize ghrelin levels- What is ghrelin? It is actually also known as the hunger hormone because it is responsible for telling your body that it is hungry.
6. Lowering triglyceride levels- When you consume too much cholesterol, your triglyceride levels may shoot up, making you more prone to heart disease. Fasting has been known to decrease levels of bad cholesterol in the body, which means that it also decreases the formation of triglycerides.
7. Fasting Benefits include slowing down the aging process- As previously mentioned, fasting can cause the body to produce more Human Growth Hormone. This hormone is actually closely connected to the aging process. When the body produces less HGH, it tends to age faster too.
Is fasting for everyone?
Examining the health benefits of fasting may make it seem very appealing, but I also want to stress that fasting may not be for everybody. Those that suffer from hypoglycemia, pregnant and breastfeeding women and diabetics should probably avoid fasting, up until blood glucose and insulin levels have been normalized. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should absolutely not fast, as it can have negative effects on the baby.
So, How Long Should I Fast?
There’s no concrete amount of time to fast, although as I mentioned ealier, the typical intermittent fast ranges from 14-18 hours. Here are some great action steps recommended by Mark Sisson on fasting.
- If you’re truly hungry, eat. Failing to do so will add stress.
- If you’re stressed, don’t IF (intermittent fast). You don’t need another stressor.
- If you’re training six days a week, don’t IF. Unless you’re genetically blessed, you’ll need lots of fuel to prevent overtraining.
- If you’re not hungry, don’t eat – skip breakfast.
HOW TO PREPARTE FOR A FAST
Properly preparing your body for a fast not only makes the fast itself easier, but also improves the results.
1. Educate yourself as much as you can about the fasting technique you are going to use.
2. Write down all the instructions for your fast and organize a plan and schedule on paper before you begin. This is important because once the fast begins, you might try to convince yourself to quit. The schedule can then act as a contract you have made with the fast that you must keep. Remind yourself why you are doing the fast and remember that it is important.
3. Taper off your addictions in the days prior to your fast. Cut down on caffeine, salt, sugar, cooked food and meats, etc. If you cut them off all of a sudden, expect to experience headaches, stomachaches and a general feeling of discomfort.
4. Begin eating smaller meals prior to your fast. Resist the temptation to eat a big “last supper” the night before the fast. Cutting down your meals a few days before signals your mind, stomach, and appetite for the fast.
5. Gather everything you need for your fast before you begin.
6. Eating a plant based diet …. can support you in creating harmony and health. Prefer to eat things that are fresh rather than cooked food, i.e. salads and fruits. Fruits of any kind, i.e. fruits, berries, nuts, natural cereal … are of highest quality in their vibration. Select organic fruits and vegetables that have been grown in natural sunlight.
7. Drink the highest quality possible. The minimum for purification of your body should be 1 – 1.5 liter per day on cool days and up to 2 – 3 liters.
8. Use mild herbal teas. One or two cups of the right herbal tea.
9. Drink all the fresh fruit and vegetable juices you like especially the dark greens.
9. Eliminate dairy products, eggs refined flour products and sweets.
10. Use only olive and coconut for cooking. Use no more than 2 tablespoons of oil per day. Do not use margarine of any kind.
11. Do not use salt. Use spices and tamari in small amounts.
12. Do not use any caffeine, alcohol, stimulants or recreational drugs.
13. Do not eat any fried foods.
14. If at all possible consume a warm cup of fresh lemon water with ginger tea. Also a “green drink’ each day.
Listen to your body. Don’t let crazy diet propaganda drive you to eat when you aren’t hungry; Test it for yourself. Skip a meal, go fourteen, go sixteen hours, go 24 hours without eating. It will not harm you and you will not lose muscle. This is a myth.The ketone fat loss plan and intermediate fasting is all about getting a healthy body.